Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fast Food in our Yard

Every year is different in our garden and the only constant is change.
When our serviceberries ripened last year, a small flock of Cedar Waxwings decended on our yard to gobble them up. I was delighted to spot those beautiful birds in our garden and took some gorgeous photos of them. Their competition for the berries was a feisty robin who often chased them away.
This year, I have not seen any waxwings. That means that the robins have the serviceberry to themselves. So instead of photographing silky waxwings I had to content with taking photos of a robin fledgling as it ripped the berries from the trees with little grace. More exciting was the mockingbird that visited the serviceberry one late evening, but its visit was brief.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and your wonderful pictures!
    And how many birds in your yard!
    I'll follow you often... see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete