Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We're ready

We took down our hummingbird feeder over the weekend and cleaned our bird feeders. We have already stocked up on black oil sunflower seeds, safflower, and cracked corn. Now we only need to buy or make suet and we're all set. And I bought a new hopper feeder today. Let the birding begin!
Next weekend I'm going to a wood duck photo workshop and hope to return with plenty of great photos to add to my stock. I'm hoping to get more than one species of birds, of course.
At home we're seeing plenty of birds, mostly sparrows. The fall flowers are still in bloom and yesterday I actually saw a monarch on our New England aster. It was probably coming from the North and passing through our yard. I wonder how many visit our flowers without our knowlege?

No comments:

Post a Comment