Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 30, 2009

North Chagrin - Part 3




Photographers should always be open for new subjects. Such was the case on the morning of the first workshop day when a buck appeared on the other side of the small pond. Undisturbed by leaf-peepers and photographers, it made its way along the paved trail while we photographers fired away. It was the first time that I actually photographed a deer. The only other time I encountered a deer while carrying my camera the deer was way too close. I figured that I could maybe photograph its nose and not much else. And the nose would have probably been out of focus.
I am still editing the hundreds of shots I took at North Chagrin and find that I have many favorites. Considering the bad weather we have had during the past few weekends I had great luck. I still can't get over how tame the birds were. Last week, I went to Beechwood. There were three mallards on the pond but they always swam to the other side of the pond when they noticed me. They must have been passers-through since Beechwood is a popular destination with hikers and school groups.
All in all, I couldn't be happier with my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment