Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Birding in Germany

I recently returned from a trip to Germany where I visited my family and friends. My parents' garden is big and it abuts several other gardens and orchards. Fruit trees and evergreens provide ample cover for the many birds I heard. With the help of my dad's binoculars I observed serins, blackbirds, a blue tit, magpies, and a great tit. Also passing by were swallows, a hawk, and a white stork. The stork nest on top of the fire hall has three inhabitants this summer. And let's not mention the rooster who lived not far away!
If I had the window open at night I could hear bird songs before four o'clock in the morning. When I was younger I did not notice birds unless they were swans or other showy species. Now that I'm interested in birds I see them everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doris. I hope all is well with you. I sure miss class. Germany sounds like a beautiful and peaceful place.

    If you go to my blog I have given you an award. I hope that you will accept it and that it was OK to nominate your blog. You can decline and that is fine. It's time consuming to do the challenge. Nonetheless, your blog is unique in photos and stories and I wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete